2017 Flooring Trends: Which One is Right for You?
Thursday, April 27, 2017
According to the trends that were presented at The International Surface Event (TISE) just this past January, hard-surface flooring seems to be taking America by storm. Among the trends highlighted at TISE were Luxury Vinyl Tile/Plank, Tile and Hardwood. However, carpet manufacturers are working hard to remain a mainstay in new and remodeled homes. But which option is going to give you the design you want at a price you can afford?
· Wood – as more homes are being built with open concept floor plans, continuity in flooring is becoming more important and wood flooring is a great way to achieve this. Hardwoods are easy to clean and have great resale value, as well, but they can be pricey so if you’re on a tight budget you may want to consider our next option.
· Laminates – in addition to being easy to clean, laminates also have the advantage of being a lot less expensive, very hard to scratch and have fewer structural challenges so they are great if you have kids or pets. However, they can be ruined by standing water and cannot be refinished like hardwood can so you might want to think twice before installing in it the kitchen or bathrooms.
· Luxury Vinyl – it sounds like an oxymoron but new technology has given manufacturers a way to take this durable and easy to install product and make it look like very expensive wood or tile without the high cost of either materials or labor. Definitely an option you might want to consider for basement flooring or for other high traffic areas like bathrooms or the kitchen.
· Tile – Using the same kind of technology that allows vinyl to mimic the look of other materials, tile can now be made to look like wood, fabric and even concrete. And it is now common to use more modular shapes and sizes instead of the typical 12x12 squares so there are lots more design options. Pricing can vary a lot so finding something in your range is a definite possibility.
· Carpet - new ways of processing fiber are creating more options for carpet like contemporary patterned carpet and the new incredibly soft luxury carpet. It’s quiet, easy to install and, while not a great choice for high traffic areas as it tends to hold on to dirt and allergens, manufacturers are creating new, softer fiber combinations making it a great choice for bedrooms and other low traffic areas.
At CDC, we have the best flooring for you and your customers. Contact us today to see why our flooring can’t be beat.
Subscribe To Our Blog
11/21/2018 - Advantages and Disadvantages o
10/24/2018 - Things to know when choosing a
09/19/2018 - Great Alternatives to Hardwood
08/22/2018 - Why Wooden Flooring Should Be
07/18/2018 - Different Flooring Options Tha
06/20/2018 - The Benefits of Hardwood Floor
05/21/2018 - 4 Reasons Why Carpet Flooring
04/18/2018 - 4 Flooring Options That Can Ad
03/16/2018 - 4 Tips for choosing the right
02/16/2018 - Commercial Flooring Matching t
01/31/2018 - Types of Flooring You Can opt
12/23/2017 - Happy Holidays
11/27/2017 - Issues with Commercial Floorin
10/26/2017 - Issues with Residential Floori
09/26/2017 - What Does your Floor Color Say
08/26/2017 - What Does your Flooring Say Ab
07/26/2017 - How To Keep Your Floor, Carpet
06/26/2017 - The Key Element to an Eye-Catc
05/25/2017 - 5 Creative Ways to Let Your Fl
04/27/2017 - 2017 Flooring Trends: Which O
11/30/2016 - 2016 Flooring Industry Study
10/18/2016 - Carpet for High Traffic Areas
09/27/2016 - Calculating the ROI of Commerc
08/30/2016 - Choosing Flooring for New Resi
07/27/2016 - The Benefits of Laminate Floor
06/15/2016 - Caring for Commercial Hardwood
05/17/2016 - The Cool Thing About Ceramic T
03/16/2016 - Basement Floors: Options That
02/09/2016 - Spills on Carpet: The Do’s and
01/14/2016 - Vacuuming and Your Carpet
12/10/2015 - Carpeting for the Home and Kee
11/09/2015 - Laminate Floors: Cleaning Isn’
10/09/2015 - Have Hardwood? Not so ‘Hard’ t
09/23/2015 - Got Vinyl? Time to Get Cleanin
08/10/2015 - Is a Vinyl Flooring the Right
07/21/2015 - Cleaning Care for Ceramic and
06/11/2015 - What is Meant by Antimicrobial
05/20/2015 - Alternative Bathroom Flooring
04/17/2015 - Go Green This Earth Day
03/06/2015 - Carpet or Hardwood: What Fits
02/10/2015 - Discovering What Floor is Righ
01/12/2015 - The Colorful World of Carpetin
12/09/2014 - Tips to Have Your Floor Surviv
11/06/2014 - Why You Should Choose Ceramic
10/10/2014 - Choosing a Type of Carpet
08/11/2014 - The Timeless Designs Brand